Aug 2, 2013

Danish Frugt Salat {Fruit Salad}

Ever since my friend Erin made me this fruit salad I've been, well, obsessed to say the least. I could eat it...Every. Single. Day. Erin's husband Kristian is from Denmark and while Erin lived there with him for 4 years she said this was a staple for dessert. I've had several people ask for the recipe, so Erin said I could go ahead and share it. {Thanks Boo!!!}--You'll be hunting her down for a big fat hug once you try it. I promise. 

Danish Frugt Salat {Fruit Salad}

Ingredients:
~4-5 cups fresh fruit 
{grapes, strawberries, apples, blueberries, raspberries and peaches are my faves}
~1 cup heavy whipping cream
~ 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
~ 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste {I use this one, but any vanilla will work.} 
~ 1 bar of dark chocolate {I like Lindt Black Currant and Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Truffle}

...If you don't have a Trader Joe's I feel really bad for you. You should move somewhere where they have one. 

Wash and chop the fruit. I might add that I feel grapes are a must--they add the perfect texture. 


Whip up the cream, sugar and vanilla for 3-4 minutes on high--or until it looks like this. 
Roughly chop the chocolate.  

Mix it all together and serve immediately. I don't add the raspberries until after it's served--I don't like them mushy. 
It keeps in the fridge for a day but it's best to eat right away. If there's enough leftover to actually put in the fridge then something's wrong...OR you need to invite me over to help you eat it. 

Enjoy!

1 comment :