Mar 28, 2016

Easter Weekend | 2016

We had a pretty chill Easter weekend.  I decided to forgo an egg hunt and Zane was the only one of my kids who mentioned missing it (after the fact).  Maybe they're getting too old or they're just being patient with my laziness???  We did dye eggs this year, which we skipped last year. Sooooo...#winning? 


Word to the wise – DO NOT ever buy the dip dyed egg kit.  Nightmare!!!  All the colors mix and overflow and drip weird.  It was stressing us all out.  Especially Brenner.




Easter morning baskets were a success.  I couldn't help myself and ended up putting together a basket for my baby girl, too.  Complete with the softest stuffed lamb in all the land. 




I tried to get a picture of everyone looking dapper before church and was less than successful at getting everyone to look at me.


We had our friends, the Rodriguezs, over for Easter dinner.  It's one of my favorite things to set the table and make things festive for holidays.  I got some help from the hubby and kids, hence the fork and spoon on the wrong side :)  







– On the menu –

Honey-orange glazed ham with béarnaise.

Potatoes au gratin with gruyère and thyme. 

Homemade rolls with whipped vanilla bean honey butter.

Spring salad with strawberries, pecans, feta, and champagne vinaigrette.

Roasted asparagus.

Strawberry shortcake with basil infused whip cream.  







I'm so grateful for my Savior, his life and resurrection, and all the hope that that brings.

Happy Easter! 




No comments :

Post a Comment