Dec 27, 2013

Christmas Day 2013

On Christmas Eve we took the boys to the dollar store so they could pick out a few gifts for each other--Then we had a bro bro gift exchange {complete with hot chocolate, pajamas and Christmas music} before sending them off to bed. I really love letting them get gifts for each other. They were so excited to shop and be able to pick out things that they think each other would love. On the drive to the store we asked them about giving and why it's part of Christmas. I was so joyed to hear all of their responses. They told us about the wise-men bringing gifts to baby Jesus and how Jesus Christ himself was a gift to the world. They also mentioned that it feels good to give gifts--All great answers in my book. Mom win.  

 Then Santa stayed up setting out gifts & candy, assembling toys for hours and blowing up balloons {a family tradition I had growing up}.
 Then Santa crashed and I dragged him to bed. 

 I don't know what time most kids wake up, but our kids woke us up way too early. I mistakenly told them "don't you dare wake us up before six." So, they woke us up at 6:01. Mom fail. It was worth it after we heard them screaming with excitement. Gets ya err'y time. 





Breakfast. Boom baby. 
I spent most of the day cooking and baking while the boys assembled toys and played. My only requirement was that they kept a constant stream of Christmas movies playing in the background. I just love the feel of Christmas Day, don't you? 

We invited the Meilsoes and their visiting family {Kristian's parents, 2 sisters, brother-in-law and baby nephew} over for Christmas Dinner. Such wonderfully fun people :) I had to use my fold up tables to have a setting for 8 adults and 2 tweens. I really enjoy having a big table full of people for dinner. It was awesome.




 For Christmas Dinner I made Prime Rib with a creamy horseradish dill sauce, mashed taters with BĂ©arnaise sauce, glazed ham, rolls with whipped butter and a pumpkin pecan trifle for dessert. Erin made sweet potatoes, glazed carrots and artichoke dip with homemade artisan bread. Yeah baby! 
Other than breaking a bread plate from my fine china set and a majorly offensive cooking error {that I'm too ashamed to admit} it was the perfectly perfect day. 

Merry Christmas to all of you {whether we know you or not}! We didn't send out cards this year but wanted to send our love to you. We so enjoy our wall full of Christmas cards from friends and family. Wishing you all a wonderful holiday season and a joyful and blessed year ahead!


Love, 
The Boyds 

No comments :

Post a Comment