Jun 13, 2013

Stuff: Beauty Edition

 I guess you could say I'm a stuff person because I love stuff and posts about stuff. I thought it'd be fun to share my favorite things I use and love too. I'll start with some of my favorite beauty products. Here are 3 things I cannot live without. 

My Aveda Paddle Brush. You really only need one brush your whole entire life and this one is it. Here's why--It's lightweight, it gives your scalp a gentle massage, it gets tangles out better than any brush ever, it's the best brush for backcombing, it doesn't damage or break your hair and it'll last forever. Unless your kids lose the one you have had for 13 years and you have to buy another one. Yup. 
Make-Up Forever Mat-Velvet Foundation is the best foundation I've ever used. Most of my make-up is MAC (they win with eye-shadow) but I don't love their liquid foundation. This foundation goes on smooth, has the perfect finish (not too powdery-not too dewy) has great coverage, the best natural colors that match my skin tone and it doesn't make me break out or have irritation. Sephora.com says it "Hides imperfections, evens out skintone, and mattifies with a non-oily, perfectly powdered finish. The result is flawless and lasts for hours." It's true. You'll LOVE it. 
All the stuff you hear about coconut oil being magical is absolutely true. We buy these big containers of EfaGold from Amazon and use it for everything. I use it to shave my legs, wash off make-up and as a face and body moisturizer. Sean uses it as a pre-shave & aftershave and he puts it in his hair now--which I only suggest if you have super thick and course hair like he does. It gives everything a silky soft feel without feeling greasy. Plus, it smells like coconut. Hello awesome! Here's one of the many lists you'll find on the internet about uses for coconut oil

What are your favorite beauty products? 

No comments :

Post a Comment