Nov 28, 2014

Thanksgiving | 2014

We went up to Orange County to have Thanksgiving with my family this year.  My Aunt Merideth usually hosts Thanksgiving dinner, and you can always count on two things – The best ever sausage gravy and Aunt Aeme's cranberry fruit salad.  Of course, the company is always great, too :)  Meri heated the pool + hot tub for the kiddies (although it was almost 90 yesterday) and she put out a scrumdiddlyumptious spread of crudité for us to snack on during the day.  We all chatted and laughed and scared the older people when opportunities arose.  A guaranteed great time. 

I brought up some flowers for the table, along with green bean casserole, sweet potato soufflé and a pumpkin pecan trifle.  I didn't get hardly any pictures, but everything was beautiful and yummy, per usual.  



 My kids are going to have a rude awakening if we ever leave San Diego.  Until then, they remain blissfully ignorant in assuming that this is the standard weather and activities to be enjoyed on Thanksgiving.  They had a fun time with their cousins – with only one or two toddler tussles. 




  Usually family is at the top of everyone's, "What I am most thankful for" list, and oh man is that the case for me.  I have the coolest family in all the land.  Also on my list are – my faith, my friends, this great country, and of course, really good Mexican food. :) 

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments :

Post a Comment