Dec 29, 2014

Christmas 2014

Christmas was particularly rough this year – and I really don't know what I would have done without Sean as my sidekick.  Even now, I feel like it was a dream.  I've been in and out of sleep, with days running into each other and slipping away from my memory at an accelerated rate.  Oh the joys of surgery recovery.  I'm so anxious to be better. To be "normal".  In the mean time, Sean is rocking it as Mom and Pop. 

I tried to shop as much as possible before my surgery, but Sean picked up everything else we needed and took the boys to the dollar store for their annual "bro-bro Christmas Eve gift exchange".  The sweetest tradition we've got going.  I want them to understand how good it feels to give and not just receive.  'Twas cute to see them pass out gifts with big cheesy smiles of anticipation. 




Christmas Eve was all Sean.  I basically sat back and instructed him how I wanted everything to be arranged.  A hot chocolate bar and train on the dining table, balloons scattered, and gifts neatly stacked.  He even took pictures for me. That guy! 

 Sean and Kristian took turns dressing up as Santa in Kristian's Santa suit and made visits to each other's houses on Christmas Eve.  Indy was stoked out of his mind. The cutest. 












Our friends, the Smurthwaites, invited us over for Christmas dinner and I was sooooooo excited and grateful.  Sean has been great at making simple meals, but I'm not sure I could instruct him through a full Christmas dinner.  They let us bring the prime rib and rolls and Sean, once again, nailed it with following instructions in the kitchen. Dinner was delish!  The table was absolutely beautiful, too.  It was such a blessing to be able to spend the evening with them.  






Merry Christmas!

No comments :

Post a Comment