Sep 14, 2014

According to iPhone | 9.14.2014

Lately in life...

My last iPhone update was posted the morning that Sean arrived home from underway.  Since he's been home we've had lots and lots of daddy time and we're all much happier because of it.  The other day I was shopping on base in Coronado.  As I pushed my shopping cart up and down the aisles filled with Navy families, I couldn't help but think how much I love this life.  We've been a Navy family for over 14 years and albeit it's rough at times - we love the culture, the patriotism, the friends we've made and the opportunities we've been afforded.  No joke - in that same shopping trip the song "take my breath away" from Top Gun came on in the store.  All Navy wives (and most women) want to see their man in some hot summer whites or even a flight suit and aviators when that song comes on.  Also, I've decided that Navy uniforms are basically male lingerie. 
 Sean meeting and smothering little miss Olive.
 We've had lots of baby lizards popping up around the house.  This guy was so tiny.
 Sean took some leave shortly after arriving home so that I could take a girl's trip to Utah.  He's a keeper that Seany-Nonny.  It was beautiful, relaxing, refreshing and fun.  Oh...and I gained 5 pounds.


 I'm still not sure what caused all the huge waves, but San Diego had a few days of insane surf, riptides and waves.  We went to Coronado for one of the days and we barely even got our toes wet.  The waves were HUGE, loud, and impressive.  We were ooohhing and awwwing all afternoon.  In the ten years I've lived in San Diego, I've still never seen anything like it.




 Back to school, back to school!!!  I have a first, fourth and seventh grader now.  I'm so proud of these Boyd boys and I'm stoked to have a schedule again.  I'm always ready for the next season once one has come to an end.  I think Fall has to be my favorite.  I'm already making grand plans for soup and apple cider once the weather chills out.
 These next pictures are from when my cousin Travis was in town for work (he's Navy as well).  We headed to Coronado for some family fun, per usual.  Everything was going great until I decided to run after my kids into the blinding sunset without paying attention to the sand below me.  My left leg went into a deep hole and then snap-face plant-blackout-blue stars and screaming.  I tore my ACL and am now on the road to getting that taken care of.  I start pre-op physical therapy tomorrow.  I'm anxious to get my leg strong so I can get it done and over with already.  I'm realizing that this is quite common and would love to keep getting input and advice from all of you about any and all things ACL!

The day after my face-plant, my friend Nicci came to visit and thank the heavens she did.  Sean had to leave to Virginia Beach for a work trip and I was a broken hot mess.  Nicci took care of us all and we even made time for fun in the midst of kids and crutches. 


Yesterday was my first day back to the beach after my fall and I was a little nervous as I cautiously limped across the sand to the beach.  It was one of the most magical beach days to date.  I like to think my beloved Coronado was welcoming me back with open arms.  The water was warm, calm, clear and the most beautiful shades of blues.  Erin and I paddled out far beyond the waves and just floated in the water for seemingly a long time.  We were both just resting on our boogie boards and taking it all on in.  The ocean is a sacred place to me.  I hope my kids will always think of their Mommy like the picture below.  Wild ocean tossed hair and sun kissed cheeks. 
Sean and Kristian being babes. 

Just a reminder - Since I had an extra one, I'm doing a drawing on October 1st for this Rose Diffuser valued at $99 retail. Anyone who signs up and purchases a Premium Starter Kit will be entered in the drawing! Only a few have signed up thus far.  It's great to have two in your house since you get one in the kit as well!  I keep one by my bed and one in my main living space.  There are no requirements to ever purchase again or any fees associated with buying a kit (since some have asked).  It's just a really great deal and the perfect way to get started with Essential Oils!  Email for any questions at lelaboyd@gmail.com. 

The End. 

No comments :

Post a Comment